Instant pot Kaju katli recipe is also known as Kaju burfi or cashew burfi recipe is a must-try Indian sweet with your pressure cooker. This is absolutely an easy recipe made with cashew flour with no soaking etc.
This instant pot Kaju katli recipe is a very soft and melt in the mouth recipe with a very less amount of sugar used in this cashew flour recipe.
Most of the time I try to avoid making this Kaju katli recipe because the sugar syrup consistency needs to be monitored and mixed at the right time but not anymore after the arrival of the instant pot.
A couple of years back I tried almond burfi with almond flour for Diwali and this year I want to try something new and on my recent trip to Walmart I happen to see the cashew flour and I decided to make this recipe for this Diwali 2020.
I have tried to make this Kaju katli recipe with less sugar, less fat.
I have used ghee(clarified butter) to make this cashew flour recipe. You can even substitute with the coconut oil if you are a vegan.
What is Kaju katli?
Kaju is called cashew and katli means slices.
Is Kaju Katli healthy for kids?
Yes, it’s far better than the sugary foods that are available in the stores full of preservatives, additives, food color, etc and the best thing is homemade. We know at least what ingredients go in, less sugar, less fat.
How to make cashew flour at home ?
For this recipe, I have tried with store-bought cashew flour as well as I made cashew flour at home. Take around 1.5 cups of cashew and dry roast on low flame for few minutes. Please make sure the cashews don’t turn brown.
Let it cool down completely. Then use a blender and make a fine powder. Use pulse option in small intervals. Please sieve it. We need 1 cup cashew flour for this instant pot Kaju katli recipe.
Some tips to make instant pot Kaju katli recipe
- Always wash and sterilize the inner pot before you make any sweets
- I tried this recipe in both 6 quarts it came out perfect.
- Please add the sugar, water, ghee to a bowl, and mix it before adding to the instant pot.
- If you happen to get a BURN sign please try to ignore it, it might disappear in a few minutes.
- If the BURN SIGN doesn’t disappear please wait for the 4-minute pressure cook time as mentioned in this recipe and turn off the instant pot and do a quick release immediately.
- After doing the quick release you need to be fast in mixing the sugar syrup and cashew flour to avoid the formation of lumps.
- To get a soft texture you need to knead the flour paste (sugar syrup + cashew flour)for few minutes to avoid the grainy texture in Kaju katli recipe.
- The taste of the recipe also depends on the quality of the cashew flour so choose a good quality cashew flour else it might taste bitter. If possible make cashew flour at home.
- Please use granulated sugar for this instant pot Kaju katli recipe. I used Costco organic sugar for this Kaju katli recipe.
All these points I thought to share based on my experience in testing this instant pot Kaju katli recipe so many times. If you still have doubts please post in the comments.
Instant pot Kaju katli recipe
Step by step Kaju burfi
- Add sugar, clarified butter(ghee), saffron strands, water in the bowl, and mix it well. Let everything bind well.
- Close the lid, Venting to sealing mode, and set for ‘Manual/Pressure Cook 4 minutes’.Do a QR(Quick-Release).
- Add 1 cup of cashew flour to the sugar syrup and mix it well without any lumps. You have to be quick while doing this step.
- Grease a plate with clarified butter/oil.pour the mix in the plate, let it cool for 5-6 minutes.
- After a few minutes, the heat will be bearable, Roll it into a soft dough.
- Grease the rolling pin with some ghee.
- Roll it into a circle and shape it. Make sure no cracks in the dough.
- Your instant pot Kaju katli is ready to serve.
Instant pot kaju katli recipe | Kaju barfi
- 1 cup cashew flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 tsp clarified butter Coconut oil (Vegan)
- few strands saffron optional
Add sugar, clarified butter(ghee), saffron strands, water in the bowl and mix it well. Let everything bind well.
Close the lid, Venting to sealing mode and set for 'Manual/Pressure Cook 4 minutes'.Do a QR(Quick-Release).
Add 1 cup of cashew flour to the sugar syrup and mix it well without any lumps. You have to be quick while doing this step.
Grease a plate with clarified butter/oil.pour the mix in the plate, let it cool for 5-6 minutes.
After a few minutes, the heat will be bearable, Roll it into a soft dough.
Grease the rolling pin with some ghee.
Roll it into a circle and shape it. Make sure no cracks in the dough.
Your instant pot Kaju katli is ready to serve.