When the temperature drops down all i can think for dinner is the comforting soup and bread .Today is one of those days i decided to make soup which is wholesome.You will get an amazing flavor from the spice powder mixes you add here.So what are you waiting for ? go ahead and try this delicious lentil soup in your instant pot.
Having instant pot is definitely a bliss when you have a toddler @ home ,all you need to do just throw in the ingredients and let the instant pot do the rest.
Still thinking is it worth ? Yes 200 % .
Pressure : High Mode : Saute,Soup Cooking Time : 30 minutes(Soup mode ) ,Less than 5 minutes (Saute mode)Vent : Sealed Pressure Release : Natural
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 nos Shallots Finely Chopped
- 1 no Tomato Finely chopped
- 5 pods Garlic - 5 Finely Chopped
- 1 inch Ginger Finely Chopped
- 1 Fistful Red Lentil
- 1/2 Cup Green Moong Dal
- Salt - to taste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 3 cups Frozen Vegetable Costco
- 1/4 cup Frozen Lima Beans
- 4 cups Water 2 Cups + 2 Cups
- 3 tbsp Cilantro finely Chopped
- Switch on the instant pot and turn SAUTE mode.
- Once it displays HOT add olive oil,garlic and ginger .SAUTE till garlic turns light brown.
- Add shallots and wait for it to turn light brown ,add tomatoes and saute for 1 minute.
- Switch OFF the SAUTE mode and turn on SOUP mode and SET it to '30 minutes'.
- Add the vegetables,lima beans,red lentil,green moong dal,salt,garam masala,turmeric powder,Coriander Powder ,Cumin Powder and 4 cups of water.
- Close the lid and make sure the vent in sealing position and let it cook for '30 minutes'.
- Once done switch off the instant pot and unplug .Let the pressure release natural.
- Open the lid and add 2 cups of water and cilantro.Mix it well and serve with some croutons or bread tossed with some ghee(clarified butter)and italian seasoning .