If you are the one like me thinking why should i buy instant pot when i have a pressure cooker?Here are few reasons i justified myself before owning one instant pot before a year back.
Here are below reasons “why should i buy instant pot when i have a pressure cooker”:
- The first and top most reason is it has a base made of stainless steel.Which has really impressed me.It been more than 3 years im staying away from nonstick utensils.I have been substituting with cast iron or stainless steel.Lodge is my favourite cast iron brand and i recommend it anytime.
- Delay timer – i can just load my instant pot and go for a shopping or even early breakfast is ready without any interventions.Which is very safe i do this almost all weekends .My family can have a healthy homemade food.
- Zero monitoring – Everyday when i put my toddler to nap,i can spend time with my baby telling stories whereas instant pot take care of my cooking and also no whistle noise like pressure cooker which helps my baby to sleep .
- Less Mess- It is one pot i need to clean .I feel the saute function is just brilliant find in instant pot.Sometimes when we do indian cooking on stove top the mustard seeds will crackle and spread everywhere inturn will create a lot of mess.Its also dishwasher safe.
- Slow cooking – When i want to make some desserts i can vouch you how complicated recipes can be made in a breeze.You can find few listed below.
- Rice – Can you believe the rice is ready in 3 minutes?Yes i was amazed how beautifully its cooked in 3 minutes.
- You can do multi cooking from soups ,porridge,yogurt,idli batter fermentation,desserts,saute,sprouts,steaming vegetables etc.
- You can even warm your food.
After the arrival of instant pot i thrown my electric cooker with non stick bottom,microwave,non stick pans .
My favourite recipes i tried using instantpot
1.You can make desserts like – mysore pak,almond fudge or katli
4.Bake a cake
Here is some useful beginners guide
Still confused? You always have a return policy in place.I would say no harm in trying.